- Product Review: LighterBro
- Product Review: Tea Drops
- Product Review: Veg This Way
- Find Cheap Camping Equipment
- 2012 Must Have Camping Gear
- Best Portable Coolers For Camping
- The Best Portable Grills For Cooking Those Hot Dogs and Hamburgers At The Campsite
- Portable Blender For Frosty Camp Drinks
- Best Metal Detectors For Finding Buried Treasure and Gold
- Best Handheld GPS Devices
- Create A Campfire Dutch Oven Gift Set
- Best Hiking Shoes And Why You Want Them
- World's Best Socks - Smartwool Socks
- Best LED Flashlights - Shed Some Light On It
- Best Pocketknives - A guide to blades for the outdoorsman
- See More Articles
World’s coolest pocket knife
When you’re camping a pocketknife is just a useful tool to keep in your pocket.
I make sure I have one in my pocket anytime I’ll be spending extended time in the great outdoors. My other must have item in my pocket is a flashlight.
The biggest problem is deciding which knife to carry. Do you go with a classic single blade pocketknife or do you go with the multi-tool?
The multi-tool certainly has it’s share of advantages and Wenger has taken it upon themselves to finally make a knife that includes everything but the kitchen sink (if it wouldn’t have added so much size to the knife, they probably would have added a kitchen sink for good measure.)
Aptly named the “Giant Knife” this knife has an astounding 87 tools!
It’s like carrying a toolbox around in your pocket.
Seriously, if you can’t find the tool you need on this knife, you don’t need it.
Some highlights (I checked and yes there is still a knife on this thing):
• Corkscrew (quite possibly the second most useful tool on any knife) • Fish scaler • Bottle opener (I do heart this feature since I like microbrews that don’t have twist off tops) • Magnifying glass • Chain rivet setter • Club face cleaner • Green repairer • Laser pointer • Shackle opener • Ruler • Shoe spike wrench • Spot light • Toothpick • Wood saw
The full list of features is available here: http://www.wenger.ch/scripts/Modules/Products/listOne.aspx?idProducts=319&idn=166
Did you know there’s a Swiss Army Knife song?
There is – check it out: