- Camping Games Aren't Just For Kids
- Best Portable Coolers For Camping
- Best Digital Cameras For the Outdoor Enthusiast
- The Best Portable Grills For Cooking Those Hot Dogs and Hamburgers At The Campsite
- Best Weather Radios - Essential Camping Gear
- Portable Blender For Frosty Camp Drinks
- Best Metal Detectors For Finding Buried Treasure and Gold
- Best Handheld GPS Devices
- Create A Campfire Dutch Oven Gift Set
- Best Hiking Shoes And Why You Want Them
- World's Best Socks - Smartwool Socks
- Light Sensitive Sunglasses from Hammacher And Schlemmer
- Best LED Flashlights - Shed Some Light On It
- Best Pocketknives - A guide to blades for the outdoorsman
- Portable DVD Players and Game Systems - Bring Sanity To Your Road Trip
- See More Articles
Light Sensitive Sunglasses from Hammacher And Schlemmer
Hammacher Schlemmer Aviator Sunglasses
I’ll admit it, I’m a bit of a sunglasses snob – heck, for several years sunglasses were my business so excuse me if I’m a bit picky about the optics I use for eye protection. Heck, if it didn’t make me look like a tremendous tool, I would wear my sunglasses at night when I go out to the bars.
However, when you’re out hiking it’s easy to go from high light to low light (like in heavily wooded areas) frequently making you constantly put on or remove your sunglasses. Fortunately Hammacher Schlemmer has come up with a solution such annoyances with their Aviator sunglasses. As light conditions change so does the tint of these sunglasses, getting darker in high light and lighter in low light.
And if you need goggles for your snowboarding or skiing needs they have electronic tint goggles that use air force technology to go from light tint to dark tint instantly with the push of a button.