- Campfire Recipe: Easy Dutch Oven Garlic Rolls
- Camp Fire Recipe: Buttermilk Biscuits with Green Onions and Black Pepper
- How to Plan for a Family Wilderness Trip
- How do you Properly Apply Bug Repellent?
- DIY Fire Rope
- How to Dry Your Boots Out While in the Woods
- How to Make a Backcountry Table
- Nothing like Home: How to Make a Cattail Pillow
- How to Start Fire by Friction-How to Use the Tools
- How to Keep that Camp Food Safe
- DIY Waterproof Matches and/or Fire Starters
- How to Make a Swamp Bed
- How to Build a Tree- Pit Snow Shelter
- How to Save Money on Camp Gear-Purchasing a Tent at a Yard Sale
- Camping Apps for the Techie Camper
- See More Articles
How To Geocache - A Guide To Geocaching
Wrapping things up this week, I figured this would be a great time to post this how to video we recently did on geocaching. I love it because it combines geeky technology (gps) with treasure hunting.
In the video I cover how to get coordinates for geocaches near you, how to get them into your GPS unit, and then how to follow your GPS to get you close to the cache.
One thing to keep in mind is that a GPS unit is really only accurate to about 30 or 40 feet so once you get really close to where the cache is supposed to be hidden, it's time to start thinking about where you'd hide the hidden "treasure" if you were doing it.
Hope you enjoyed cool non essential technology week. Dorrie's back next week and who knows what rockin' cool stuff she's got in store for you.
Let me know what you think of the video. If you like it, we just might do more. (hint, use the comments button below)