- Campfire Recipe: Easy Dutch Oven Garlic Rolls
- Camp Fire Recipe: Buttermilk Biscuits with Green Onions and Black Pepper
- How to Plan for a Family Wilderness Trip
- How do you Properly Apply Bug Repellent?
- DIY Fire Rope
- How to Dry Your Boots Out While in the Woods
- How to Make a Backcountry Table
- Nothing like Home: How to Make a Cattail Pillow
- How to Start Fire by Friction-How to Use the Tools
- How to Keep that Camp Food Safe
- DIY Waterproof Matches and/or Fire Starters
- How to Make a Swamp Bed
- How to Build a Tree- Pit Snow Shelter
- How to Save Money on Camp Gear-Purchasing a Tent at a Yard Sale
- Camping Apps for the Techie Camper
- See More Articles
Folding Bikes Might Be Just The Thing When Camper Space Is Tight
I love to go biking when I go camping because my husband and I like to stay at state parks where there typically lots of scenic biking trails to ride.
Some people avoid taking bicycles with them when they camp though because they don't have a bike rack and storage space is at a premium.
The Dahon company has just the thing for people who are having that problem but want to be able to take a bike with them. They make folding bikes that don't take up a lot of space, are lightweight, easy to fold and unfold, and have many satisfied customers who say they are a lot of fun to ride. The prices range from a little under $400 for the company's full size Espresso urban bike, to over $2,000 for their top of the line Fuego mountain bike.
Below is a short video about Dahon folding mountain bikes that I found on YouTube.