- Campfire Recipe: Easy Dutch Oven Garlic Rolls
- Camp Fire Recipe: Buttermilk Biscuits with Green Onions and Black Pepper
- How to Plan for a Family Wilderness Trip
- How do you Properly Apply Bug Repellent?
- DIY Fire Rope
- How to Dry Your Boots Out While in the Woods
- How to Make a Backcountry Table
- Nothing like Home: How to Make a Cattail Pillow
- How to Start Fire by Friction-How to Use the Tools
- How to Keep that Camp Food Safe
- DIY Waterproof Matches and/or Fire Starters
- How to Make a Swamp Bed
- How to Build a Tree- Pit Snow Shelter
- How to Save Money on Camp Gear-Purchasing a Tent at a Yard Sale
- Camping Apps for the Techie Camper
- See More Articles
Enjoy Fresh Baked Cookies While Camping With The Coleman Instastart Camp Oven
One of my favorite food smells is that of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven (Yum!!!). Fresh baked cookies and other baked items are one of the things I miss when I go camping since my camper doesn't have an oven in it.
Coleman has solved that problem with its Instastart Camp Oven. Things like fresh baked cookies, cakes, pies, and breads that are difficult to make with a traditional camp stove, grill or open fire are now possible with the Instastart oven.
It's large enough to hold a 9"x13" baking pan and runs on propane so there's no worry if you don't have electricity at your campsite. Plus there's a viewing window so the progress of the items inside can be monitored.
The one negative thing people have said about the oven is that it can be tricky to regulate the temperature because although there is a thermometer on the top of the stove to let you know what the temperature is inside, it doesn't have a thermostat. This means the user has to fiddle with the temperature knob until the correct temperature is reached which takes a few minutes. But, once the oven gets to the desired temperature it maintains it pretty well.
The price is pretty reasonable too. At the time I'm writing this it's available on the Coleman website for a little under $100 and available at Amazon for $72.99 with free super saver shipping . That's a less than I paid for my Weber portable grill earlier this year.