- Escape the Crowds at a National Forest
- Destination: Hungry Mother State Park, Va
- Winter Camping Destinations
- Fun-Filled Winter Camping Locations
- Famous Camping Spots
- A Park Ranger's Favorite Minnesota Campgrounds
- Cut Your Christmas Tree At A National Forest
- Experience The Bounty of OREGON The Fall
- Enjoy Fall Beauty at Vogel State Park and Amicalola Falls State Park in GEORGIA
- NORTH CAROLINA and the Blue Ridge Parkway In The Fall
- Camp and Enjoy MICHIGAN In The Fall
- Fall Camping Destinations Full of Color - VERMONT
- Wo-Zha-Wa Festival in Wisconsin Dells September 12, 13, 14, 2008
- Reserve America Names Its Top 100 Family Campgrounds in America for 2008
- Camp and Volunteer To Help Maintain Trails
- See More Articles
Camden State Park Maine
With over 22,000 places to pitch a tent, you’re sure to have plenty of options if you decide to go camping in main. Now if you haven’t had a chance yet, make sure you pick up the Maine Camping Guide available for free from the Maine Campground Owners Association.
But if you’re looking for some place that’s both picturesque and right on the water, then one place worth checking our is Camden Hills State Park in the mid-coast region of Maine.
Camden Hills State Park is a 5,500 acre park that offers 30 miles of hiking and trails. It offers sweeping views of Camden, Penobscot Bat, and surrounding islands, and on a clear day you might even catch a glimpse of Cadillac Mountain. And you won’t be too far from civilization as the small New England town of Camden is just a few minutes to the south.
You can even take a ferry to the islands on the Maine State Ferry Service.