- Campfire Recipe: Easy Dutch Oven Garlic Rolls
- Camp Fire Recipe: Buttermilk Biscuits with Green Onions and Black Pepper
- How to Plan for a Family Wilderness Trip
- How do you Properly Apply Bug Repellent?
- DIY Fire Rope
- How to Dry Your Boots Out While in the Woods
- How to Make a Backcountry Table
- Nothing like Home: How to Make a Cattail Pillow
- How to Start Fire by Friction-How to Use the Tools
- How to Keep that Camp Food Safe
- DIY Waterproof Matches and/or Fire Starters
- How to Make a Swamp Bed
- How to Build a Tree- Pit Snow Shelter
- How to Save Money on Camp Gear-Purchasing a Tent at a Yard Sale
- Camping Apps for the Techie Camper
- See More Articles
Brown Paper Bag Breakfast Recipe
If you want a simple no-fuss and no cleanup breakfast that everyone can make for themselves and that kids love to do, this one is it. All you need is a fire of glowing embers to cook the food over.
BROWN PAPER BAG BREAKFAST Ingredients Needed for Each Breakfast: 1 egg 1 strip of bacon salt and pepper to taste 1 lunch size brown paper bag/sack string 1 marshmallow fork or hot dog fork or long stick
Open the bag and lay the strip of bacon flat on the bottom. Break the egg over the top of the slice of bacon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tie the bag shut with string and tie the string to the cooking stick; or fold the top of the bag down and poke the stick right through the bag which eliminates the need for the string.
Hold the bag over the fire for 10-15 minutes. You'll hear the bacon sizzling and the egg bubbling. Don't hold the bag too close to the fire though or you'll burn through it.
Rip open the bag and eat immediately.