- Camping Games Aren't Just For Kids
- Best Portable Coolers For Camping
- Best Digital Cameras For the Outdoor Enthusiast
- The Best Portable Grills For Cooking Those Hot Dogs and Hamburgers At The Campsite
- Best Weather Radios - Essential Camping Gear
- Portable Blender For Frosty Camp Drinks
- Best Metal Detectors For Finding Buried Treasure and Gold
- Best Handheld GPS Devices
- Create A Campfire Dutch Oven Gift Set
- Best Hiking Shoes And Why You Want Them
- World's Best Socks - Smartwool Socks
- Light Sensitive Sunglasses from Hammacher And Schlemmer
- Best LED Flashlights - Shed Some Light On It
- Best Pocketknives - A guide to blades for the outdoorsman
- Portable DVD Players and Game Systems - Bring Sanity To Your Road Trip
- See More Articles
Best Portable Coffee Makers
On my Facebook profile, I have this piece of flair (remember Office Space?) that says “Instant human, just add coffee.” I realize that when you go coffee you tend to go without some of those comforts of home… indoor plumbing, high definition television, king sized beds, but one thing I’m not willing to go without even when camping is my morning cup of coffee.
Sometimes I’ll just find a coffee shop in the area and go have my favorite cup of joe there, but in some remote areas that’s simply not practical.
Fortunately, you can make a freshly brewed cup of coffee easily at your campsite (without having to resort to that instant crap) and even put it a thermos to keep it warm all morning long.
In fact, taking a thermos full of coffee to a scenic overlook in the morning is becoming a new favorite camping activity for me. I’ll usually take a notebook along with me to jot down whatever ideas I come up with or do a little writing. You could also take a book with you for some light reading, grab a paintbrush to do some painting or just appreciate mother nature at her finest even on a cool fall morning.