- Camping Games Aren't Just For Kids
- Best Portable Coolers For Camping
- Best Digital Cameras For the Outdoor Enthusiast
- The Best Portable Grills For Cooking Those Hot Dogs and Hamburgers At The Campsite
- Best Weather Radios - Essential Camping Gear
- Portable Blender For Frosty Camp Drinks
- Best Metal Detectors For Finding Buried Treasure and Gold
- Best Handheld GPS Devices
- Create A Campfire Dutch Oven Gift Set
- Best Hiking Shoes And Why You Want Them
- World's Best Socks - Smartwool Socks
- Light Sensitive Sunglasses from Hammacher And Schlemmer
- Best LED Flashlights - Shed Some Light On It
- Best Pocketknives - A guide to blades for the outdoorsman
- Portable DVD Players and Game Systems - Bring Sanity To Your Road Trip
- See More Articles
Best Metal Detectors For Finding Buried Treasure and Gold
Most hobbies cost money. Golfing, camping, fishing, bowling, hunting, snowmobiling, etc.
However, getting a metal detector to search for buried treasure is one such hobby that can actually pay you back.
Getting yourself a metal detector will allow you to go out and search for more than loose change buried in the sand. Of course you can search for coins, but you can also search for jewelry, gold, and even war memorabilia.
Some people have even done well enough to take their metal detecting hobby and turn it into a full time profession.
Gold fields have been revived due to metal detecting technology – it’s a heck of a lot easier to strike gold when you know where to dig. :-)
Some of the best metal detectors are offered by Minelab. Their Excalibur line even offers waterproof models that you take into and even up to depths of 200 ft when scuba diving to take your search for buried treasure to new depths (pun intended).