- Campfire Recipe: Easy Dutch Oven Garlic Rolls
- Camp Fire Recipe: Buttermilk Biscuits with Green Onions and Black Pepper
- How to Plan for a Family Wilderness Trip
- How do you Properly Apply Bug Repellent?
- DIY Fire Rope
- How to Dry Your Boots Out While in the Woods
- How to Make a Backcountry Table
- Nothing like Home: How to Make a Cattail Pillow
- How to Start Fire by Friction-How to Use the Tools
- How to Keep that Camp Food Safe
- DIY Waterproof Matches and/or Fire Starters
- How to Make a Swamp Bed
- How to Build a Tree- Pit Snow Shelter
- How to Save Money on Camp Gear-Purchasing a Tent at a Yard Sale
- Camping Apps for the Techie Camper
- See More Articles
Alternative Energy Flashlight for Camping
If you are sick of buying batteries for your camping lanterns and flashlights, consider using the Hybrid Solar Lite instead. It is a super bright, solar powered, LED flashlight that can be recharged over and over again via its solar panel.
It is waterproof to 80 feet and floats when dropped in the water (unlike my cell phone that was "toast" after I accidentally dropped it in the lake while on a camping trip last year, but I guess that's another story).
The flashlight also has a conventional battery backup. You probably won't ever need to use it, but it's there just in case you decide to to something like go live in a dark cave for a long time.
The best part is that the hybrid solar lite it is guaranteed for life (just don't lose it)!
The Hybrid Solar Light is manufactured by Hybrid Light LC in Saint George, Utah, a small family owned company.
To find out more about the flashlight and how it works, watch the short video below:
For more information about the company or to purchase a Hybrid Solar light, visit the company's website at hybridlite.com. Enter the discount code of blog08 to receive $2.50 off your hybridlite. The code is good through December 31, 2008.