- Motorhome Racing
- Best Weather Radios - Essential Camping Gear
- Cook Deep Fried Food Outside Where The Grease Won't Mess Up Your Kitchen With A Coleman Portable Frywell Fryer
- Winnebago Industries Receiving 13th Consecutive RVDA Quality Circle Award
- Follow Along As Two Brothers Build A Teardrop Trailer
- How To Set Up A Popup Camper
- Watch A Teardrop Trailer Take Shape
- Home Built 5th Wheel
- Toronto Fall RV Show October 17 to 19, 2008
- South Jersey RV and Camping Show October 31 thru November 2, 2008
- California Fall RV Show October 10 thru 19, 2008 in Pomona
- Questions and Answers About Tadpole Teardrop Trailers
- RV & Camper Show Secrets
- How To Save Money On Gas While Camping
- RV Sales Strong In Spite Of High Gas Prices
- See More Articles
Aero Beds Are Great For Camping
I own a full-size Aero Bed like the one pictured below. When I purchased it three years ago, I had no intention of using it for camping. It was purchased as a portable bed to take with me when I visited my son so that I could avoid paying for hotel rooms and sleep on his apartment floor. Although I hoped it would be comfortable when I purchased it, I never expected it to be as comfortable as it is nor for it so durable. One night, when I was laying on it and my mind was wandering before I fell asleep I had one of those mini "aha" moments and realized the Aero bed would be a whole lot more comfortable than the thin mattress I had in my popup camper.
Since that night, my Aero bed has been on every camping trip I've taken. It fits in the bed area of my popup perfectly and is super comfortable. It's also been really durable. I haven't any leaking problems at all and it's gotten used a lot.
The only downside is that it requires electricty for inflation. That's been a minor problem a few times when we camped on sites without electricity. But the camp hosts (who always have electricity in the campgrounds we stay at) have been wonderful about letting us use their electricity to blow up our mattress. Then it's just a matter of lifting up the canvas on one end of our popup and sliding the mattress in.
For more information on Aero Inflatable Beds, check out their web site.