- Camping Games Aren't Just For Kids
- Best Portable Coolers For Camping
- Best Digital Cameras For the Outdoor Enthusiast
- The Best Portable Grills For Cooking Those Hot Dogs and Hamburgers At The Campsite
- Best Weather Radios - Essential Camping Gear
- Portable Blender For Frosty Camp Drinks
- Best Metal Detectors For Finding Buried Treasure and Gold
- Best Handheld GPS Devices
- Create A Campfire Dutch Oven Gift Set
- Best Hiking Shoes And Why You Want Them
- World's Best Socks - Smartwool Socks
- Light Sensitive Sunglasses from Hammacher And Schlemmer
- Best LED Flashlights - Shed Some Light On It
- Best Pocketknives - A guide to blades for the outdoorsman
- Portable DVD Players and Game Systems - Bring Sanity To Your Road Trip
- See More Articles
A Food Dehydrater Makes Delicious Treats For Campers
While a food dehydrator may not be the first thing that comes to mind when trying to think of a great present to give somebody who loves camping, it's a thoughtful and useful gift.
My dehydrator gets a big workout before every camping trip making several batches of beef and turkey jerky along with fruit leathers and dried fruit from whatever fruit is in season.
They are so tasty and much better than anything from a package bought in the store! Plus they are easy to transport and store while camping - no refrigeration is needed. My husband loves to grab a couple pieces of jerky and some dried fruit to tuck in his daypack before his hiking adventures in the state parks we enjoy camping at.