- Campfire Recipe: Easy Dutch Oven Garlic Rolls
- Camp Fire Recipe: Buttermilk Biscuits with Green Onions and Black Pepper
- How to Plan for a Family Wilderness Trip
- How do you Properly Apply Bug Repellent?
- DIY Fire Rope
- How to Dry Your Boots Out While in the Woods
- How to Make a Backcountry Table
- Nothing like Home: How to Make a Cattail Pillow
- How to Start Fire by Friction-How to Use the Tools
- How to Keep that Camp Food Safe
- DIY Waterproof Matches and/or Fire Starters
- How to Make a Swamp Bed
- How to Build a Tree- Pit Snow Shelter
- How to Save Money on Camp Gear-Purchasing a Tent at a Yard Sale
- Camping Apps for the Techie Camper
- See More Articles
5 Fun Camping Trip Activities
Going on a weekend camping trip is something that we all look forward to. Many of us have been camping ever since we were children, and we have lots of fun memories of the good times we had with friends and family.
We all want to make those fun camping trips and memories to keep piling up. One of the greatest part of any camping trip is the fun outdoor activities we get to participate in. Sure, we can do many of these things when we are at home, but there is something about being a new place that makes it more adventurous and exciting.
These five fun outdoor camping trip activities will us happily entertained and leave us yearning for that next time we can pack up the car and head out on another camping trip!
1. Hiking Hiking may seem like a simple idea, but a weekend camping trip usually takes us to some beautiful areas we visit only a few times. New surroundings always peak our interest and offer us miles of hiking trails full of places, people, and things we don't get to see and meet everyday.
Hiking trips are great exercise and make us feel better getting fresh air that we might not get being stuck in a cubicle all week long! Hiking trails are usually abundant near camp grounds and is something almost everyone down to the small children can participate in.
Next time you go on a camping trip how about heading out for a nice long hike? You will get some great exercise and see some new scenery in the process.
2. Fishing Fishing might not be the first outdoor activity that comes to mind when heading out for a weekend camping trip. Even for people who don't normally fish a lot, a camping trip fishing day can be something new and fun to try.
Usually a lot of us camp near bodies of water; streams, lakes, rivers, and can usually find a fishing pole laying in the basement somewhere. Also, most states sell 2 day fishing
licenses that are not very expensive. A hook and bob-er are usually cheap items and you can dig up worms for free in your backyard. Fishing can usually be fun for kids and even adults who never have had the chance to do it much, so give fishing a though next time you pack for your camping trip.
3. Nature Photography One of the most popular and newest outdoor activities is taking nature photography. Even for those of us who are not professionals, heading out into the nature that normally surrounds our campsite to capture some unique photos is easy enough.
Taking nature photography usually helps us slow down, be still and quiet, and take in our surrounds a lot more then we normally would. When you are on a mission to find that bird, animal, or unique feature we seem to take notice of our surrounds and appreciate them a lot more. With nearly ever person these days owning a digital camera or smartphone, nature photography is a fun camping activity that will make you feel like a pro!
4. Biking A lot of times when we are camping there is a lot of walking involved, and the range of sights we can see and things we can do without getting into a car is diminished. Have you ever considered a weekend camping trip devoted to biking?
Nearly every State Park has a biking trail these days, and with how popular the bicycle has become of late, it's very easy to pedal your way to new destinations. Most of us own a bike, even if it is not the best that we could disassemble and take along on a camping trip. Biking somewhere besides your neighborhood can be exciting and allow you to see and cover a lot of ground that maybe you never could have before. Consider a fun bike ride in your next camping excursion.
5. Kayak and Canoe Rentals Last but not least, renting a kayak or canoe near your campsite, on a lake or river can be a blast! Usually locating a outdoor retailer and rental company online before you depart on your camping trip is pretty easy.
Renting a kayak or canoe is a camping activity that can lead to a whole day of fun and exercise that will leave you sleeping well that night, and not caring that you are not in your own bed! Prices are generally pretty reasonable and most rental stores allow rentals that are only a few hours long, so you don't break the budget. Especially when the rental stores will transport and pickup the kayaks or canoes for you, it makes your job a lot easier!
These five fun camping activities are sure to make some more memories and experiences that you will not soon forget.